Sunday, January 19, 2014

UK Handmade

Hola lovely readers! Sarah here again, bringing you some more handmade and ethical finds from around the web! :)

This week I found something super awesome - ever heard of UK Handmade? It's a new discovery to me but a very welcome one so I thought I'd share it with you all in case you hadn't discovered it yet either! :)

It's actually been running since 2008 so I'm not sure how I missed it (am I the last one on the boat?!) but that just means there's lots of lovely back issues to make my way through so I'm definitely not complaining.


They describe themselves as 
"a design-led online magazine committed to showcasing and promoting the best creative talent the UK has to offer."
Which sounds pretty great, right? They have a directory of bricks and mortar handmade shops across the UK (Hubbards Cupboard should totally be listed in there, right?)  as well as a directory of online shops, a magazine and a forum for creatives to discuss all things handmade (it currently has over 5000 members, which is crazy and awesome at the same time). They also have tips on running a business, as well as inspiration posts, reviews and showcases. Fab!

It's so nice to see people being proud of their work and proactive about pushing back against the commercial tide. There are so many options these days when it comes to buying hand made, quality, one of a kind goods - it's really wonderful to see!

You can read the latest issue of the magazine below, although I'd definitely recommend visiting the site to have a good nose around, there's a lot to discover! :)



Let me know if you check it out! :)

Love

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment